New York, NY
The Naso Group
Trilingual multi-platform host, anchor, and journalist, passionate about bridging the gap between broadcast and digital audiences
LANGUAGE AND MULTIMEDIA SKILLS
- Native fluency in Spanish; professional proficiency in French
- Digital and non-linear video editing in Avid and Adobe Premiere
- Broadcast news production software including iNews
- Basic graphic design in Adobe Photoshop
- Web production using various CMS platforms including Wordpress and Drupal
- Web and social analytics including Chartbeat, Google Analytics
- Social media content creation and management for major media brands, including Facebook (Pages, Mentions, and Business Manager) and Facebook Live, Instagram including Stories and Live, Twitter, Periscope, Snapchat, and more
- Basic video journalism on mobile as well as Panasonic and Canon cameras
MAJOR LEAGUE SOCCER - NEW YORK, NY
Senior Editor, MLS Digital; 2015 - present
- Serve as on-camera host for social media broadcasts and live studio programming, as well as for taped news segments, sideline reports, sit-down interviews, and field packages. Conduct field interviews in both English and Spanish.
- Plan, oversee, and execute league's digital coverage of the personalities, human interest stories, and culture in and around Major League soccer. Strategize and create multi-platform content to best showcase these themes, including long and short text stories, video, and social media content (including photos and graphics, short-form video, and livestreams). Use analytics and data to evaluate and plan future content.
- Plan and execute multimedia coverage plans around tent pole events including MLS All-Star Game, MLS Playoffs and MLS Cup, and international tournaments across the CONCACAF region
- Supervise weekly match coverage, overseeing all league web site output on game nights, and managing a team of beat reporters, social media creators, and video highlight editors.
- Manage pool of freelance multimedia content creators, including budget planning and administration.
FUSION, THE ABC-UNIVISION JOINT VENTURE - MIAMI, FL
Culture editor, producer, and correspondent, fill-in anchor; 2013-2015
- Served as multimedia, multiplatform producer, reporter, and on-camera correspondent and fill-in host for national digital and cable network owned by ABC/Disney and Univision.
- Serve as regular guest, correspondent, and fill-in host for live, prime-time news/talk/variety show.
- Planned and directed pop culture coverage for network's digital and multiplatform projects. Used analytics tools to determine future content plans.
- Supervised team of staff and freelance content producers.
- Wrote and produced daily digital stories.
- Produced, reported, shot, and rough-edited weekly video packages for broadcast and digital.
- Wrote scripts, booked guests, produced video clips, built rundowns, and created lower thirds for weekly broadcast segments.
FREELANCE WRITER, JOURNALIST, AND EDITOR - MIAMI, FL and NEW YORK, NY
- Freelance reporting, writing, and editing, from daily digital content to in-depth, long-form print features specializing in sports, music, pop culture, arts, entertainment, celebrity, fashion, food, travel, and more.
- Past national clients include Rolling Stone, Spin, Billboard, Zumba Fitness, the Independent, American Way, AOL Music, Flaunt, Nylon, and more.
MIAMI NEW TIMES / VILLAGE VOICE MEDIA - MIAMI, FL
Music Editor; 2007-2010
- For both the Miami New Times and Broward-Palm Beach New Times newspapers, planned and implemented new coordinated digital content for newspaper's web site and music blog.
- Wrote multiple blog posts a day and edited blog to ensure overall updates eight to 10 times a day.
- Managed social media outreach/accounts for blog and music content.
- Planned, assigned, and line edited weekly print music section for alternative newspaper.
- Supervised both papers' club editors, Broward-Palm Beach paper's entertainment assistant, and freelance contributing writers.
- Planned and managed quarterly music editorial budget for both papers.
- Wrote frequent long-form music features, including cover stories.
NEW YORK UNIVERSITY - NEW YORK, NY
B.A., Fine Arts (art history, with specialization in architecture), minor in urban studies and urban sociology
Activities: Semester at NYU in Paris, coursework completed entirely in French; Phi Beta Kappa, Founder's Day Honors Scholar graduate award, College of Arts and Science Presidential Honors Scholar, Washington Square News, WNYU
- First Place, Best Music Blog, Association of Alternative Newsweeklies Awards, 2013 (joint award received with fellow blog authors)
- Second Place, Criticism, Print, Non-Daily, 60th Annual Green Eyeshade Awards, 2010
- Third Place, Arts/Entertainment Reporting, Non-Daily, Florida Society of Professional Journalists 2008
- Honorable Mention, Da Capo Best Music Writing 2008
VOLUNTEER WORK AND INTERESTS
- Yoga Alliance-registered RYT-200 yoga teacher; training completed at Laughing Lotus Brooklyn, May 2017
- Volunteer yoga teacher for free/donation community classes at Trans-Pecos, Queens, and Laughing Lotus, Brooklyn